Digital marketing is an broad term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
Digital marketing such as search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media marketing(SMM), social media optimization(SMO), e-mail direct marketing, Pay Per Click (PPC) and more common in our advancing technology.
It’s is a process to improve the visibility of a website on organic (“natural” or UN-paid) search engine result pages (SERPs) . Search engine optimization is broken down into two basic areas: on-page, and off-page optimization.
SEM is a broader term than SEO. Where SEO aims to provide better organic search results, SEM helps you successfully target users of search engines via advertising (paid) links in search results in addition to organic search to send targeted traffic to your website.
Search engine marketing, or SEM, is one of the most effective ways to grow your business in an increasingly competitive marketplace. With millions of businesses out there all vying for the same eyeballs, it’s never been more important to advertise online, and search engine marketing is the most effective way to promote your products and grow your business.
- Engaging users
- Driving traffic
- Enhancing brand awareness and reputation
- Increasing search engine result pages (SERP)
- Selling products or services
- Generating leads
- Providing content for research purposes
- Increases conversion rates
- Relevant content
- Relevant images
- Responsive interactive design
- Keyword research
Social media optimization (SMO) was originally designed to drive traffic from social media sites such as bookmarking sites (Digg, Delicious, Stubleupon, Reditt etc) and social networks (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Google+ etc). However, SMO is now significantly more important and not simply because social networking has grown but because SMO also improves SEO performance. Good SMO will drive traffic from both direct social site referrals and from search engines.
- Reputation – build your reputation as a reliable qualified source
- Engagement – encourage more engagement, sharing & reciprocate
- Authority – become a notable authority in your field of expertise
- Leadership – harness originality & creativity, be a Thought Leader
- Social – be social, find and engage sociable experts in your field
- Media – know your social media platforms to maximize influence
- Optimization – improve technical aspects to increase optimization
SMM is a form of internet marketing that implements various social media networks in order to achieve marketing communication and branding goals. Social media marketing primarily covers activities involving social sharing of content, videos, and images for marketing purposes, as well as paid social media advertising.
- Increasing website traffic
- Building conversions
- Raising brand awareness
- Creating a brand identity and positive brand association
- Improving communication and interaction with key audiences
Pay-per-click is the model that most platforms and channels use when allowing businesses to advertise on their properties. Whether it’s on a search engine or a social channel, the advertiser pays every time a user clicks on a sponsored link or ad.
It’s is a great way to get visitors when you need traffic and you need it now. But it’s risky: With poor setup or poor ongoing management, you can spend a fortune, generate many visits, and end up with nothing to show for it.
- Google AdWords
- Microsoft adCenter
- Yahoo! Search Marketing
- You only pay when an interested person clicks.
- You set your budget to control costs.
- You can reach your target consumer at the right time with the right ad.
- Unlike organic search, PPC can show results very quickly.
- PPC data can inform your other marketing channels.
- Email ads are advertisements sent to users via web mail. Email ads can be used to notify subscribers of certain promotions, discounts, or new features, among other uses.
- Most email advertisements feature a large image with minimal text; users will not waste large amounts of time reading email ads, so it’s important to make your message as clear and concise as possible. Email ads also rely on a compelling subject line to ensure that a user will open the email.
Email marketing brief
- Target Audience
- Working Title
- Word count
- Time Allowed/Budget
- Additional Information